I love traveling. I like new places and new sights. I like to take in places that I have never been to. But, traveling can be a chore. The parts where you are in the airport or train station or car would have to be the worst part,
The parts where you are in the airport or train station or car would have to be the worst part, ya know?
Don’t get me wrong, I love being on the go. I have been on the go for quite some time now. A long-distance relationship definitely has its perks when it comes to traveling. Going back and forth can seem tedious at first but then you get used to it. You become an expert, in some sense. I haven’t been ALL over the place but I have definitely been to quite a few places and learned a trick or two, here and there.
For instance, carry-on bags make it easy to travel and you can avoid checking in your bag as long as you fly the right airline. Another perk is avoiding the baggage claim. It’s amazing. That’s why we’re here today. I wanted to talk about my carry-on essentials also known as how I get in and out of the airport quickly.
Let’s dive into the essentials you should try to include in your carry-on. My bag is pretty basic but it has the necessities that I am going to utilize until I arrive at my destination.
This post contains affiliate links that I can earn commission from.
Depending on where you are going and how long you are going to be gone, you should make the decision on whether you need to pack light or not. Usually, I’m in the middle. I don’t overpack but I don’t under pack. I like to have the necessities plus a few extra things to make sure that I enjoy my flight.
Time to dive into my bag (some things are not pictured but they are a necessity).
- A good book: you don’t want to get stuck with nothing (excuse my double negative) to do if you encounter a delay or are early for your flight. You want to avoid boredom and a great book is just the trip. I include a book whenever I travel and stuff it in my carry-on so I have access to it without having to dig through piles of stuff.
- Laptop: Obviously, you’ll have to have your laptop if you want to do some work or indulge in Netflix without having to overload your phone and iPad with apps. I bring my laptop everywhere I go because I usually have work to do and I like to blog (which is why my laptop is out on my lap at this airport). Don’t forget this baby and you can use it during your flight which means you can get a lot done.
- iPad: This isn’t a necessity but I bring my iPad along when I want to watch movies and shows from the airline app or my Netflix app. It’s easy to use and I have a pretty good view that isn’t too small or too big. Plus, you have something to use if your phone decides to die on you.
- Headphones: Don’t forget these or you will be SOL. Music helps me concentrate on flights that aren’t long and I like to listen to podcasts every now and then.
- Sunglasses: the weather can switch up on you. Never forget your sunglasses because you’ll be wishing you had them when you get hit by the sun. Make sure they’re cute sunglasses because why would you not want to have a cute pair? I have sunglasses with me at all times for the most part. I like to be prepared.
- My planner: I write a lot of things down so I need my planner. Also, I include numbers for people I need to call because sometimes my outlook calendar poops out. And it’s Erin Condren so why would I not carry it everywhere?
- Mario Badescu Rose Water: I hate feeling dry. I hate feeling oily. I love to bring this spray along so that I can refresh my face if I need to. Most of the time I need to refresh my face which is why this travel size comes in handy. It hydrates my face on the go and as someone with problem skin, I recommend it to any and every one.
- Comfy clothes: You want to be comfortable on your flight especially if it’s a long flight. Usually, I’m heading to the airport from work so I pack leggings and a t-shirt with a light jacket to make sure I am comfortable on my flight. Plus, you always want an extra outfit or two in case something like your luggage gets lost. Right now, I’m into the Adidas line. Obsessed with how they are executing their apparel and they make the comfy style look cute and fit. Don’t pass up on comfy clothes and the right shoes. Always aim for comfort.
- Snacks: Yes, you can bring snacks. This was always something I wasn’t 100% sure on because I didn’t fly too much until this past year. If you want to save money, pack a snack because airport food is overpriced. Sometimes, it’s worth it but paying full price for things on the dollar menu at McDonald’s is not everyone’s cup of tea (or mine).
- Clorox Wipes: You can never be too careful. As bad as it sounds, there are tons of germs everywhere and airports are no exception. These wipes are helpful when it comes to wiping down surfaces and just keeping things tidy.
- Wet Wipes: I haven’t tried to bring hand sanitizer through the TSA gates yet so I revert to wet wipes. They’re affordable and you can toss them when you are done. Pretty basic and easy to carry around.
- Tissue: You never know what the temperature is going to be like. You can be in a hot area with a freezing airport and vice versa. Tissues are a savior. Wipe your nose, wipe your eyes, wipe off some makeup until you can wash your face.
- Ibuprofen: Pain is unpredictable. You could be traveling during that time of the month or end up with a headache. There are so many things that could happen where you might need a pain killer. Keep some pills with you, just to be safe.
- Dramamine: If you get motion sickness, make sure you are investing in Dramamine. It’s going to treat motion sickness and nausea. Do the right thing and prepare yourself so you have a safe and healthy trip!
Now, I’m not a jet setter like I think I am but I love to share the tips I have learned along the way. A few I might have stolen from my boyfriend because he’s the actual jet setter but hey, you share what you know.
What are your essentials? What are a few traveling tips you’d like to share?